Today, the impact of gastronomy is being felt way beyond the kitchen. Those at its cutting edge are using it to pioneer tangible social change.
At the same time, the global pandemic has taught us that digital communication is more important than ever for the industry: having dedicated virtual spaces to share experiences, ideas and opportunities has become crucial to deal with new challenges.
That’s why S.Pellegrino is launching an online educational platform to attract, connect and nurture diverse talent: the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy.
Through the Academy, we aim to build an ecosystem to identify, connect and nurture the next generation of chefs, no matter where they are from, their gender or their ethnicity.
What’s more, the most influential and renowned members of the gastronomy community will join us in this mission.
The Academy will empower young chefs through education, mentoring, networking and career opportunities, supporting the development of those who want to make a difference in global gastronomy.
In summary, the Academy goals are to:
- Identify the most talented young chefs in the world, through the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition
- Nurture and support them with the Academy educational program and trigger collaborations between Members.
- Create a global network of talented Young and Senior Chefs to facilitate the exchange of professional and human knowledge and experience.
- Spread values such as Inclusivity and Sustainability through the Academy program.
S.Pellegrino truly believes in the transformative power of gastronomy. Together we can change the world, one plate at a time.
The S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy is an inspiring international community where talented and passionate young chefs meet the most influential and renowned members of the gastronomic world.
Open to all Young Chefs and Senior Chefs (Jurors, Mentors and Judges) that have participated in any editions of S.Pellegrino Young Chef, together with Partners that share our vision, the Academy exists as a dedicated website, private Facebook group, and public social channels.
The Academy connects Young Chefs with peers and Senior Chefs, empowering and supporting them to become the game changing culinary talents of the future through a program of opportunity and learning.
The following rules are intended to ensure a clear understanding of the Academy’s role and purpose, and also trace what a breach of the Behavioural Code implies in terms of disciplinary actions.
• PARTICIPATION: To provide a variety of opportunities for interested chefs to participate in valuable activities.
• KNOWLEDGE: To develop chefs’ skills and knowledge in different fields.
• NETWORKING: To build relationships that can lead to career opportunities or chef collaborations.
• AMBASSADORSHIP & MENTORING: To create a community connecting talents from all over the world who will share their expertise and help to shape the future of gastronomy.
• By default, a Member of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy is anyone – Young Chef Regional Finalists / Senior Chefs (Sages, Jurors, Mentors, Partners) – who has played a role in any edition of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition.
• When Members reach 35-years-old, they are still part of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy as Alumni.
• If, over time, the professional path of the Young Chef/Alumni continues and they are asked to take part in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition with the role of Mentor and/or Juror, they are eligible to become Senior Members and also have access to the profiles database.
• All Members are expected to adhere to the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Behavioural Code. Violations of the Code are subject to disciplinary action: if after a first warning the member is deemed responsible for unethical behaviour a second time, it may result in suspension and/or permanent dismissal from the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy, depending upon the nature and severity of the violation(s). Each case will be handled analytically.
• The S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy is a lifetime membership. Members can leave at any time by sending an email to the Academy staff.
• Each Member is invited to participate in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy activities on its official platforms.
• Any Member of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy can be asked to hold a seminar on a specific expertise or professional experience they are recognised as masterful in.
• The use of profane or abusive language during the activities will not be tolerated.
• Members’ CV profiles in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy database will be automatically removed when Members turn 35. Members will be notified via email and will continue to be part of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy as Alumni.
• If, after one year, Members do not update their CV profiles in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy database, the profiles will be automatically disabled. Members will receive an email with instructions on how to reactivate them.
YOUNG CHEFS: all Members under 35 who participated in the competitions.
o They can take part in all activities of the Academy.
o They can upload their CVs to the profiles in the database and network with other chefs
o Their CVs are available in the database up to the age of 35, upon which they are automatically removed.
o In the event that a Young Chef is asked to take part in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition as a Juror and/or Mentor he/she will also become a Senior Chef.
ALUMNI: all Members who started as Young Chefs and have turned 35-years-old.
o They can participate in all activities of the Academy
o In the event that an Alumnus/a is asked to take part in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition with the role of Juror and/or Mentor he/she will also become a Senior Chef
o After becoming Alumni, all chefs keep this as a lifelong membership.
SENIOR CHEFS: all Members that have taken part in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition with the role of Jurors and/or Mentors.
o They can participate in all activities of the Academy
o They have access to the Young Chefs profiles database.
o All Senior Chefs keep this as a lifelong membership.
The S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy was born as an inspiring community where the most ambitious and talented young chefs can connect with renowned members of the gastronomic world. The aim is to empower Young Chefs through education and mentoring opportunities, supporting the development of the next generation of culinary talents who want to make a difference to gastronomy.
This ambition is based on a values system. Ethics, morality, honesty and transparency are guiding principles for the development of activities, relationships and behaviours within the Academy. To support the credibility of the program, all Academy Members are expected to comply with these values, always acting with a sense of responsibility towards the community and society in respect of their role.
In view of the above, under extreme circumstances S.Pellegrino may decide to cancel membership for those who do not adhere to the Academy’s values system.